Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cat's Curlique Scarf

I recently finished this curlique (curlicue?) scarf for my good friend Cat who just moved to Florida. I'm not sure what the weather is like in Florida, but I'm guessing not that cold. This fun curlique scarf both suits her personality, and shouldn't be too warm as it's rather light.



As a side note, I've been have a bad run of luck lately in the way of yarn. I keep starting all these projects, thinking I have enough wool, and then running out before I am finished. This project was one of those as well. I was 97 percent done with the scarf and ran out of the coffee brown colour. A couple of days later I had a "Christmas miracle" and found a half a skein of the coffee hiding in a drawer where no yarn should be. I was so glad!




4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the colours and how lucky you found the extra yarn tucked away, it always feels good when something like that happens, saved alot of frogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh.... yes.... the curse of the curlicue! each row takes way more yarn than you imagine it will!!

    yay for christmas miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if your friend does not like it, it looks great as a xmas tree decoration! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Auntie Elle
    thanks for visiting my blog and in answer to your question Bear is a fox terrier x pomeranian/ maltese
    cheers
    Susan Catsmum

    ReplyDelete